Child Care Careers In The UKEarly years is a sector which has always been of vital importance and is known for its dynamism. It needs high quality staff at all levels though, as those in this field play a key role in shaping and changing the lives of young people. The CSWDC was created to provide support in the introduction of the Every Child Matters scheme A career in EY is most certainly rewarding and important, so much so that the majority of people in this sector love their jobs. With smiles abound and knowing that you are going to have a huge impact on a young person’s life, why wouldn’t you love it? There are a lot of different opportunities for you to start a career in early years, and you don’t have to be stuck in a full time job. There are volunteer and part time opportunities too, and the chance to run your own business as a nursery manager, building relationships with parents, staff and children. You might even want to grasp the opportunity to train others and give them skills as practitioners to help the next generation. There are various early years jobs you could become involved in:
- Support to explore the outdoors.
- Helping to develop a child’s natural curiosity.
- Observing and assessing the needs of a child and producing a report.
- Ensuring that health and safety and child protection needs are always met.
- Helping a child learn to dress, use the toilet, or to eat food properly.
- Caring for a baby.
- Encouraging children to develop number and language skills.
- Giving children the chance to develop social skills through play.
- Build a relationship with parents and family to help support development.